It is an island favorite and a common request by those who are homesick. My mom's recipe, and now it's mine. Mochi is a very popular dessert for the Japanese families. The photo looks great, but the recipe is even better!
- Preheat electric oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt butter; cool.
- Combine mochiko, sugar and baking powder.
- Combine butter and remaining ingredients.
- Stir into mochiko mixture; mix well.
- Pour into a 13 X 9 X 2-inch pan.
- Bake for one hour; cool.
- Makes 24 pieces.
Share this Recipe