Are you thinking of having a luau themed party? It's the best type of party to have. Everyone loves Hawaii. Everyone loves a luau. But just in case you weren't sure why you should have a luau party, here's 10 reasons why:
1. You want people to come to your party. Receiving an invitation to a luau party will generate excitement and create anticipation for your event. After all, everyone loves Hawaii, and everyone is always looking for an excuse to put on some fun Hawaiian clothing.
2. No more wall flowers. Luaus are very interactive and allow your guests to be social and have fun. Greet your guests with a flower lei, hand them a tropical drink and give them a name tag with their name in the Hawaiian language. Get everyone up on their feet for a hula lesson. Plan some games and watch the crowd laugh and mingle with ease.
3. It's easily adapted to any occasion. You can plan a luau party for a sweet 16, milestone birthday, bar/bat mitzvah or graduation. A Hawaiian theme is also a popular choice for weddings and anniversaries. It doesn't matter what you're celebrating, a luau theme party works well for any event.
4. It appeals to all ages. You could plan a kids party with a Hawaiian theme or could transform it into an 80th birthday celebration. A luau is a great party theme choice if you're putting together a gathering of a mixed crowd with different age groups.
5. You're already planning a pool party. Everyone is already in a beachy mindset, so take the waterside atmosphere up a notch by making it a luau theme. Add some fun Hawaiian music, place tiki torches around the pool, put a hibiscus in your hair and serve Polynesian fare to make it a memorable backyard event.
6. It's the middle of winter. That's right, the coldest months are the perfect time for a Hawaiian luau themed party. There's nothing like a celebration with a tropical theme to warm up the crowd. Decorate with seashells, flowers, surf boards, beach umbrellas and inflatable palm trees. Play some Island music CDs and blend frozen drinks (topped off with a parasol of course!). Thaw out the winter by giving your guests a Hawaiian getaway and your guests are sure to think your party is hot.
7. You don’t have to dress up. Your guests will love that they can be comfortable wearing a sundress, shorts or a colorful Hawaiian shirt. Some people would rather skip fancy parties, where they have to dress up in formal attire. But with a luau theme party, everyone should feel at ease in light, bright tropical clothes.
8. It's easy to put together. And it won’t take a lot of time.
9. You don't have to spend a lot of money. Of course, you could pull out all the stops and rent a tiki bar, dig an Imu pit for a pig roast or hire professional Hawaiian entertainment. But you don't have to go over the top to have a great party.
10. It's fun! Yes, this is the kind of party that deserves an erupting volcano cake. You will see people do things they’ve never done before (whether they’re drinking alcohol or not). A luau just tends to bring people out of their comfort zone. Create a lively, entertaining atmosphere and your celebration will be one your guests will remember and talk about for a long time.
What's YOUR reason for having a luau? Better yet, what's your reason for NOT having a luau????
Find everything you need for your luau at KTC Hawaiian -- we deliver Hawaii to you!
Mahalo and do something nice for someone today....spread the Aloha Spirit!
Mahalo for reading. Please share the Aloha Spirit and do something nice for someone today. We welcome your comments and feedback. This blog is brought to you by KTC Hawaiian -- with over 3000 fun, unique and authentic Hawaiian items, we deliver Hawaii to you!