A must-have when you're serving Loco Moco - a popular Hawaiian dish. Also great with any meat.
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup diced sweet onion
- 1/3 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1.5 cup low sodium beef broth
- 2 tbsp demi glace optional
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- Sauté onions and mushrooms in butter in the pan in which the burgers were cooked, scooping up and browned bits. Add the stock and reduce a bit. Add the demi glace. Add some water to the cornstarch to make a slurry and add to the gravy to thicken.
Share this Recipe
what is the demi glace in your brown gravy recipe?
Aloha! Such a yummy sauce! Demi glace is a rich, glossy brown sauce from which the liquid has been partly evaporated, typically flavored with wine and served with meat. It’s made by cooking a rich veal or beef stock down until its volume has reduced by upwards of 90%.